Friday, February 4, 2011

untitled

-lordy mama mia, this is old, found it amongst some old short stories-

the moon looks like a nail clipping
perspective lost in darkness
car lights collide
separate themselves from who they were
a mistake
they are still separated from the rest
alone
abandoned
not a safe place to make decisions.
thoughts fueled by something
stronger than reason
it seems
everything
is stronger than reason
that is the reason I am upset
excuse the pun
I know I won’t.
Is reason a healthy state of mind
what the hell is a healthy state of mind
or a mind for that matter
is it matter
does it matter
mind is even more slippery than health
but not as slippery as happiness
and there is no proof that happiness is health
or health is happiness
or that either can exist in a vacuum
there was a time I lived in a vacuum
I wrote a lot of confessional poetry
a lot of crappy confessional poetry
a lot of poetry like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment