Friday, February 4, 2011

enemy of mine (song)

- this is a song i wrote with curt clendenin. i mostly knocked out the verses and he knocked out the chorus. -

when did it happen when you became an enemy of mine?
was it all the times i forgot to call or visit or write?
was it when we went to dinner and i let you pay?
was it when i first tried to kiss you and you were afraid?
         i lost my hold upon your throat
         that makes you say the sweet things
         i did not know my love would choke
         and my missed treats were drowning
was it my propensity, my tendency to walk away,
before you finish exactly what you wanted to say?
was it the check for our rent that i bounced,
or the taste of liquor in my wanting mouth,
my love?
        i lost my grip around your throat
        i pray will say the sweet things
        i did not know that i would choke
        as if my words were drowning
       i meant to treat you gold
       when did we become cold
       my love?
when did it happen when you became an enemy of mine?
maybe it was the time when i asked you where you were and you lied?
maybe it was the way you'd change when we were with your friends.
maybe its all the bullshit i'll never deal with again
why love?
       i meant to treat you gold
       when did you become cold
       why love?

No comments:

Post a Comment