Thursday, February 3, 2011

antiseptic.

shards of words that cut like tigers’ teeth half buried in the sand. truths that should have known not to speak, out of turn. and you say good bye with pink sun kissed cheeks cheering up your frown. setting my love letters that read like essays before me on the ground. we both wanted to be caught in a dog eared romance novel. printed on paper thinner than my faith in trust. anything but the scrawled journal entry we sleep in now. something less anxious and wordy than the both of us. the day we spent wondering what had happened to courtesy. i held the door for you and stepped back out, so you could hold it for me. past confessions that now return awkwardly to my side. tunneling through the waves to join me and the tide. along with memories of your neck that tasted like potpourri. and how you always preferred the salt in the sea to the chlorine of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment